Post contains sponsored/affiliate links and I get commissions for purchases made from links.
Walmart Coupon Policy: (Updated 2020)
When it comes to shopping at Walmart some people love it, while others only go if they have to. The Walmart Coupon Policy can be confusing for even the most seasoned Walmart Shopper. We spent many hours reading and studying Walmart Coupon Policy to make it easy for anyone to understand while maximizing their Walmart Savings each shopping trip. Most stores produce a weekly ad sales flyer, Walmart does not publish a regular weekly ad, run sales, or gift card deals. To maximize your savings at Walmart you simply combine Walmart Rollback/Sale items with an applicable coupon or coupon app. We even help you maximize your savings with the deals we post in our Walmart Deals section that abides by the Walmart Coupon Policy. Before you tackle couponing at Walmart make sure to review out Highlights of the Walmart Coupon Policy below to ensure bigger savings with a smooth checkout.
How to make your Shopping Trip a success while adhering to Walmart’s Coupon Policy!
- This tip is a MUST because unfortunately some cashiers aren’t up to speed on couponing and some are not, so having the policy on hand will make things go smoothly. If the cashier disagrees or is unsure, just politely ask for the Walmart Manager and they will be glad to assist. Print and carry the official Walmart coupon policy, and the Walmart price match guarantee with you when you shop at Walmart.
- Walmart will accept Printable Coupons, manufacturer coupons, competitor coupons, soft drink container caps, and checkout coupons (Catalinas).
- Walmart will not accept, checkout coupons for dollars or % off entire purchase, printable coupons that require no purchase (FREE), competitor coupons for dollars/cents off, item percent off, BOGO without a specific price and double or triple the value coupons.
- Will Walmart accept a FREE item coupon that is not a printable coupon?
- YES. The FREE item coupons, but it must have been mailed to you directly from the company or received from a newspaper or magazine.
- Will Walmart accept a Buy One Get One Free item coupon that is not a printable coupon?
- YES. The Buy One Get One Free item coupon, but it must have been mailed to you directly from the company or received from a newspaper or magazine. If it is a competitor coupon it must have a specified price.
- Does Walmart accept coupons with a greater value than the price of the item?
- YES. If you have a coupon for $4 off item A and item A only costs $3.00, Walmart will allow you to use the $1.00 to be applied toward the cost of your total purchase. (Meaning buy something else for $1.00 then it is all FREE! ) OR the excess $1.00 may be given to the customer as cash.
- Does Walmart accept multiple coupons for one item?
- NO. One coupon per item. If you buy five items you can use 5 coupons. Per transaction on a coupon means your entire purchase.
- The item isn’t the same price at my Walmart, Why is there a price difference between different Walmart stores?
- Each Walmart store is required to manage and price its own inventory. Therefore, a store manager may lower a price to move excess stock of an item, offer in-store on Rollbacks (What Walmart calls sales) or offer Rollbacks to compete with other local stores sales ads.
- How does Walmart’s Price matching work? (Note Unfortunately come stores are phasing out Price Matching and only matching to Walmart.com . )
- If you find a lower price from an online retailer on an identical, in-stock product, tell your Checker and they’ll match it. NOTE: It is limited to one item per customer per day. They must be able to pull up the website and sale showing it current at the time of purchase. The item must be sold and fulfilled by one of these online retailers:
- Academy.com, Amazon.com, Autozone.com, Babiesrus.com, Basspro.com, Bedbathandbeyond.com, Bestbuy.com, Cabelas.com, Chewy.com, Dickssportinggoods.com, Dollargeneral.com, Familydollar.com, Homedepot.com, Jcpenny.com, Kmart.com, Kohls.com, Lowes.com, Michaels.com, Newegg.com, Officedepot.com, Oreillyauto.com, Pepboys.com, Petco.com, Petsmart.com, Sears.com, SportsAuthority.com, Staples.com, Target.com, Toysrus.com, Walgreens.com
- Does Walmart issue rain checks?
- YES. When an item on Rollback is out of stock at your Walmart store, go to checkout or customer service and upon your request, they will issue you a Rain Check to purchase the item at the advertised price when it comes back in stock. They may also sell you a similar item at the advertised price, or offer you a similar reduction in price.
- For those larger coupon trips a checker will need a supervisor if: (remember being nice goes a long way)
- You are using 4 or more like coupons per transaction.
- A coupon you are using is of $5 and over value.
- When trying to use $50 or more in coupons in one transaction.
- When trying to use Coupons totaling a percentage (%) off of the total sale.
- The last but best tip is to make sure to check out all of the Walmart deals that we post on Printablecouponsanddeals.com. As we make sure all our Walmart deals posts follow the Walmart Coupon Policy.
Happy shopping and saving at Walmart. We hope your shopping trip runs a little smoother thanks to the Printable Coupons and deals Walmart coupon policy tips and summary. We do our best to make sure to update this post with any changes but always feel free to check Walmart for any new updates we might have missed.
As always if you have any questions feel free to leave a comment and we will do our best to respond quickly with an answer.