Post contains sponsored/affiliate links and I get commissions for purchases made from links.
Walgreens Coupon Policy Breakdown:
Calling ALL Walgreens shoppers! We know how much you all love taking advantage of the awesome deals at Walgreens, but you may be missing out on savings… To help you maximize your savings at Walgreens we put together an in-depth review of Walgreens Coupon Policy. Go ahead and take a couple minutes to review this post and make sure you are getting the most bang for your buck at Walgreens. This would also be a great post to bookmark on your phone and computer to refer any time you are shopping at Walgreens. After reading through this post, you will be a pro at couponing at Walgreens and ready for even greater savings! To get you started, check out our Walgreens Deals section for great savings!
How to score the most savings at Walgreens while adhering to the Walgreens Coupon Policy!
- This tip is a MUST because unfortunately some cashiers are up to speed on couponing and some are not, so having the Walgreens Coupon Policy on hand is a must. If the cashier disagrees or is unsure, just politely ask for the Walgreens Manager and they will be glad to assist. Print and carry the official Walgreens Coupon Policy when you shop at Walgreens. It’s always helpful to have it to refer to just in case a dispute comes up. While this may be “common sense,” we recommend being patient with the cashier/manager if a dispute over couponing arises. They may not be as up to speed on their own coupon policy as you will be after reading this article 😉
- When using coupons at Walgreens, you MUST present all coupons to the cashier at the time of checkout. We even recommend telling your cashier you have coupons before they scan anything. Showing them the coupons right away will help prevent any frustration or confusion from your cashier. In addition to this guideline, they will not accept any competitor’s coupons. Keep in mind that you can still use manufacturers coupons at any store!
- Walgreens does not accept expired coupons. Coupons expire at 11:59 p.m. on the expiration date at the point of sale, whether in-store or online. Walgreens will also not accept fraudulent or counterfeit coupons as determined by Walgreens. This means that it is up to their discretion whether they believe the coupons are counterfeit. Coupons that appear distorted, blurry, or altered in any way shall not be accepted. All coupons must have a clear and scannable barcode. This is extremely important to keep in mind when using Printable Coupons. Be sure to check the expiration date and legibility of the barcode before going in-store to prevent it from being rejected and ruining your deal.
Printable Coupon and Deals Tip: When printing coupons, print in Black & White to save color ink. No place will ever require you to have Printable Coupons in color. This a great way to save money when printing lots of coupons!
- The number of manufacturer coupons, including Register Rewards/Savings Rewards manufacturer coupons, shall not exceed the number of items in the transaction. This means that if you are buying 3 items, you cannot use more than 3 coupons regardless of whether they are a manufacturer, digital, or even Register Rewards/Savings Rewards. For example, you could not use 3 manufacturer coupons and 1 Register Reward if buying three items because the number of coupons exceeds the number of items being bought. For this reason, you may need to add some “filler items” to your purchase to maximize your savings. “Filler items” are items that are inexpensive and often priced at $1.00 or less allowing you to use an additional coupon without eating up your savings. In the example above, you could grab a 4th “filler item” to use your Register Rewards or 4th coupon even if it doesn’t apply to the 4th item.
- The total value of the coupons shall not exceed the value of the transaction. Basically, you cannot score a Moneymaker (get money back) because the value of your coupons exceeds the value of the items being purchased. This only includes coupons, so you can still earn Register Rewards even if they exceed the amount you spent… giving you a Moneymaker 🙂
- Walgreens will not accept coupons that exceed the selling price of an item and no cash back is ever provided in exchange for any coupons. This is crucial to remember because Walgreens will NOT accept a coupon valued at “$3.00 off” for an item priced at $2.99. They will not even price adjust the coupon down to meet the value of the product. You will need to save those coupons and use them at another store that will accept coupons valued at more than an item or at a store where the item is more expensive.
A few last things to keep in mind in regards to Walgreens Coupon Policy… Paper coupons will be processed before digital coupons. Walgreens shall not accept coupons for items not carried in our stores. Walgreens reserves the right to limit quantities to customers and employees. Manufacturer coupons must include a valid redemption address. Walgreens shall accept manufacturer coupons for items that are on sale.
If still have questions you can ask us or dig in for yourself here.