Kroger Coupon Policy: (Updated 2020)
Kroger is one of my favorite grocery stores to shop at, although in some places they have a Kroger Marketplace that is looking to compete with Walmart. The Kroger marketplace is like a normal Kroger plus clothes, household items, toys and more. We know the Kroger Coupon Policy can be confusing for even the most avid Kroger Shopper. We spent many hours reading and studying Kroger Coupon Policy to make it easy for anyone to understand. We want you to shop at Kroger and maximize your savings on every shopping trip. All of the deals we post in our Kroger Deals section that abides by the Kroger Coupon Policy, to ensure you have a great Kroger shopping experience.
Tips for adhering to Kroger’s Coupon Policy:
- This tip is a MUST because unfortunately, some cashiers or store associates aren’t always up to date on the newest coupon policy. Due to this make sure to have the policy on hand will make things go smoothly. If the cashier or store associate disagrees or is unsure, just politely ask for the Kroger Store Manager and they will be glad to assist in any issue you might be having with a transaction. Print and carry the official Kroger coupon policy as rarely will the store have them at the checkout.
- Kroger will accept Printable Coupons, manufacturer coupons, only pharmacy competitor coupons, and checkout coupons (Catalinas).
- Kroger’s store managers have the right to make the final call on any coupons used. I have found most store managers are following the rules and are glad to see you save money but in the end they make the call whether you can use coupons for the items or not. Kroger site states: “Store Management has the right to accept, decline or limit the use of ANY coupon(s). Store Management has the right to limit the quantity of coupons and/or items purchased in a single transaction, by a single Customer, or in a single day.”
- You are limited to 5 coupons for the same product. Meaning if in one transaction you are buying 6 bottles of tide you cannot use more than 5 coupons for Tide Laundry detergent in one transaction. Note this is not limiting you to 5 coupons but five coupons for the same product.
- You can only use 1 manufacturer coupon per product, whether the coupon is paper or digital doesn’t matter. This means if you have a digital coupon in your Kroger app and a paper coupon you can only use one. I have found in most cases the paper coupons have higher value, so to avoid issues make sure you don’t have the digital coupon saved in your app or if you do remove it before checkout. This will help you avoid issues of being forced to use the digital coupon when you want to use the paper coupon.
- Their policy states that they MAY limit you to only 2 internet/printable coupons a day. I have found that this isn’t enforced or used unless you come in with a bunch of printable coupons that they suspect are invalid or fakes. I have done plenty of trips where I used as much as 10 printable coupons with no issue.
- The last and one of our best tips is to make sure to check out all of the Kroger deals that we post on Printablecouponsanddeals.com. As we make sure all our Kroger deals posts follow the Kroger Coupon Policy.
Tips on Combining Kroger Coupons & Sales:
- You can use coupons on sale items. Meaning if an item is on sale for $.99 and you have $.50 off coupon for that item you can get that item for only $.49.
- You can use coupons on Mix & Match and Mega promotions. For Kroger, the majority of the sales or promotions have been instant savings when you buy 10 items. For example Mix & Match 10 items, Get $5.00 off instantly at checkout. This Mix & Match sale means that when you buy 10 of the items listed in the Mix & Match you get an additional $0.50 off each item as part of the sale. You can buy 10 of one item or 10 different items it doesn’t matter as long as you buy 10. If you buy less than 10, you don’t get the additional savings. Plus you can use coupons with this promotion to get even more savings. Remember only 1 coupon per item.
- You will get Catalina coupons (coupons that print out at checkout) even if you can use coupons on the sale item.
- Get your Weekly Kroger Freebie. Almost every week Kroger gives loyalty card holders a free item. Click Here to get the latest free item.
I hope this information and tips help you have successful shopping trips at Kroger. We hope your shopping trip runs a little smoother thanks to the Printable Coupons and Deals Kroger coupon policy tips and summary. Printable Coupons and Deals will make sure to update this post with any changes that we are made aware of but always feel free to check Kroger for any new updates we might have missed.
We love to hear from our readers if you have any questions feel free to leave a comment and we will do our best to respond quickly with an answer.
Don’t forget if you are looking for coupons to use at Kroger we have drink coupons, baby coupons, laundry coupons, Paper Product Coupons and much more.