Dollar General Coupon Policy: (Updated 2020)
If you’re like me, then you love your Dollar General Store! I go in there often as the stores seem to be everywhere. I go in to grab a few items and end up with an entire shopping cart of stuff because of the great deals. To help you maximize your savings at Dollar General, we spent many hours digging into the Dollar General Coupon Policy to make it easy for you to understand. A great place to start saving (after reading this post), is to download the Dollar General App to your mobile device, to check the weekly ads as well as load your Digital Coupons. Before you tackle couponing at Dollar General, make sure you check out our breakdown of the Dollar General Coupon Policy below to ensure bigger savings and easy checkout. We help your dollar stretch every time you shop at Dollar General with this helpful guide on Dollar Generals Coupon Policy. Don’t forget to visit our list of Dollar General Deals for great sales and deals that meet these guidelines!
How to get the most savings at Dollar General while adhering to the Dollar General Coupon Policy!
- When shopping with coupons always remember to be kind to the cashier as you don’t know if they had rude customers before you or they are new.
- At times, some cashiers aren’t always up to date on the latest Dollar General coupon policy. Due to this make sure to have the policy on hand will make things go smoothly. Print and carry the official Dollar General coupon policy as rarely will the store have them at the checkout.
- Dollar General will accept Printable Coupons, manufacturer coupons, and Dollar General Store printed or digital coupons.
- You are limited to 5 coupons for the same product. Meaning if in one transaction you are buying 6 bottles of Febreeze you cannot use more than 5 coupons for Febreeze in one transaction. Note this is not limiting you to 5 coupons but five coupons for the same product.
- You may not stack 2 manufacturers (paper, print or digital) for one product. You can only use 1 manufacturer coupon per product, whether the coupon is paper or digital doesn’t matter. This means if you have a digital coupon in your Dollar General app and a paper coupon you can only use one unless the Dollar General coupon explicitly states it’s a store coupon in the App. Many times you can stack a manufacturer coupon and the Dollar General $5 off $20 purchase coupon. So you can use 2 coupons but on must be a DG Store Coupon.
- If you have overage due to Coupons used in a transaction it will be applied to the purchase of other items in your transaction. Dollar General does not give cash back when coupons create an overage. What I do is if there is an overage make sure to buy something else you can use so you get that item basically free.
What does Dollar General Does not allow?
- All coupon offers available only while quantities last. Meaning if you the are sold out of an item that is on sale you are out of luck. I have found they do sometimes restock, so make sure to check back.
- Dollar General does not match competitor Ad prices. Sadly it means exactly what is says. They do not price match other stores prices or sales.
- Dollar General doesn’t offer any multiplying of coupons, you get the face value applied and that’s it. This means no double coupons.
- Don’t signup for multiple Dollar General Coupon Accounts. You are only allowed to have one per person. (FYI, you can have an account for yourself and your spouse.)
- Free Items with no purchase requirement. Meaning Buy one Get one Frees are allowed. But completely Free items won’t be accepted at Dollar General. Save those coupons for another store.
- If the coupon doesn’t scan they don’t have to push it thru. I know this can be annoying for printable or old coupons, but they do this to protect against fraud.
We hope your shopping trip runs a little smoother thanks to the Printable Coupons and Deals the Dollar General coupon policy tips and summary. Printable Coupons and Deals will make sure to update this post with any changes that we are made aware of but always feel free to check Dollar General for any new updates we might have missed.
We love to hear from our readers if you have any questions feel free to leave a comment and we will do our best to respond quickly with an answer.